Careers at AEMTEK
At AEMTEK, our mission is to provide accurate, fast, and reliable analytical services to ensure food safety, water quality, and environmental health. We are committed to excellence in quality, service, and technology. For nearly two decades, AEMTEK has been providing full-service testing, research, and consulting solutions to our clients nationwide. Our management team consists of industry professionals and Ph.D. scientists with extensive industrial experience in both private and public sectors.
Please browse the job descriptions below for positions in which you may be interested!
Food Microbiologist (Active)
We are currently looking for an experienced microbiologist.
- Assist Lab Directors to operate lab in an efficiency way, meeting requirements for data accuracy, report quality and turnaround time.
- Assist Lab Directors and Quality Assurance Manager to ensure that the quality control and quality assessment programs are established and maintained, in order to assure the quality of Lab services provided and to identify failures in quality as they occur.
- Design, supervise, and perform analytical microbiology projects. Verify that the procedures used are adequate to determine the accuracy, precision, and other pertinent performance characteristics of the method.
- Work with clients to establish adequate microbiology testing programs.
- Manage the laboratory’s microbial culture collections.
- Provide technical services to clients in solving complex problems related to microbial contamination control, training, and food safety.
- Provide technical guidance to laboratory testing operations such as method/sample matrix validation, developing/revising SOPs and work instructions, and share weekend and holiday supervisory duties when needed.
- Perform technical reviews, data verification, trouble shooting, and technical training.
- Present research discoveries in professional conferences and to interested parties.
- Assist Lab Directors in strategic planning and leadership.
- Assist Lab directors to build a LEAN culture operation environment.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the management.
- Have an M.S. or Ph.D. degree in food microbiology or biology or related discipline.
- Preferably have at least two years of work experience in the food industry, in a capacity that is directly related to food microbiology, technical service, or quality assurance.
- Must have technical expertise, personal strength, and willingness to learn and master the skills that are necessary to carry out the main responsibilities listed above.
- Multi-tasking, highly organized, motivated, good at time management and prioritizing tasks, have proven ability to meet deadlines for a variety of projects simultaneously.
- Resourceful in solving complex problems, uses good judgment, and be able to manage stressful situations and high-profile cases.
- Possess excellent people skills, professional, diplomatic, friendly, work well both independently and in a team environment, have the ability to lead and also willing to follow the company’s mission and directions.
- Have a positive attitude, enthusiastic, conscientious, very responsible, extremely reliable
- Confident, motivated, articulate, seeking to improve and grow.
- Willing to work over the weekends and holidays.
- Starting salary: Based on experience.
- Medical insurance with 50% premium paid for by the company, eligible after two months of employment.
- Retirement plan: Company sponsored 401(K) plans with 4% contribution match, eligible after one year of service.
- Health Saving Account, with company contributing up to 50% of the Federal limit.
- Ten (10) to fifteen (15) days paid vacation annually depending on years of service.
- California Workers Compensation Benefits & California Disability Insurance benefits.
Sound Like a Good Fit?
Please read the above descriptions carefully. If this position sounds like a good fit for you, we invite you to write a cover letter that fully describes how perfect you would be for this job and send it to email@example.com, along with your CV. Thank you for your interest.
Food Scientist (Active)
Aemtek Labs has an immediate opening of Food Scientist for the following job duties:
- Assist in investigating microbiology/immunology/serology lab testing & operations
- Provide technical expertise and support for food testing and food-borne pathogens
- Select and document testing methodologies to ensure data quality
- Work closely with QC department to ensure compliance with test standards set forth in ISO 17025 compliant quality system, A2LA-ILAC, and Calif. ELAP
- Assist in the fungal, microorganism and bacterial sampling process according to existing methodologies
- Generate, review and interpret statistical, scientific and technical data for examination.
Minimum Requirement: MS degree in Food Science, Microbiology, or other Life Science sub-division study.
Please reference your inquiry to Florence Wu, Ph.D., President, Florence@aemtek.com
*Active Openings: We are currently hiring for these positions.
*Accepting Resumes: We are not currently hiring for these positions, but are accepting resumes for any openings we may have in the future.
We are always available and ready to serve your analytical needs! For more information about what services and products AEMTEK has to offer your business, please call us at 510-979-1979 or click below.