Legionella pneumophila can contaminate building water systems and cause illness even death especially among people having lung problems and other immuno-compromised conditions. In homes and commercial buildings, Legionella species are often found in damp and warm places where biofilm forms, such as water storage and heating systems, sinks, faucets, shower heads, humidifiers, air conditioning systems, water fountains, and water cooling towers. Improperly maintained swimming pools, whirlpool spas, hot spas have also been reported as sites for Legionella.
This sampling kit can help you to take samples and send to AEMTEK Laboratories for Legionella pneumophila screening.
The kit includes:
1. One 1L bottle for sampling concerned water (e.g., potable water, heater water, whirlpool water, cooling tower water etc.)
2. Three swabs for sampling concerned areas, such as faucets, shower heads, humidifiers, etc.
3. Instructions on how to take the samples.
3. A pre-addressed cooler to send samples back to AEMTEK Laboratories.
4. An order form for Legionella pneumophila analysis using advanced technologies (Note: the analysis is $269 total and need to be paid prior to analysis).
5. After the analysis, you will receive a comprehensive report with recommendations for action.