Environmental Monitoring in Healthcare Facilities and Cleanrooms
Aemtek offers laboratory testing for environmental monitoring of hospitals, clinics, pharmacy primary control areas, and other healthcare facilities. Environmental monitoring in healthcare facilities, especially during construction and reconstruction, is strongly enforced by CLIA (Clinical Laboratories Improvement Act) and JCAHO (Joint Commission for the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations). Monitoring the presence of Aspergillus species and other fungi in air and surfaces can be performed using conventional spore traps, surface sampling, and the more sophisticated PCR methods. PCR is especially recommended for hospitals and clinics where the presence of these fungi may pose a high risk of infection. PCR detection and quantification of fungi offers Aemtek’s clients the high sensitivity and fast turnaround times that are essential in this field.
A representative array of services Aemtek can provide for healthcare facilities includes:
- Active air sampling and sample analysis
- Surface sampling and sample analysis
- Direct microscopic examination and identification of mold spores
- Identification and enumeration of fungi and bacterial
- Mycobacterium tuberculosis, causal agent of tuberculosis diseases
- PCR analysis for identification and quantification of nosocomial species of bacteria, fungi (mold), and viruses
- Legionella species detection using culture or QPCR method (or broth)
Aemtek, Inc. is committed providing the results of the highest quality, in a timely manner. Our laboratory complies with the strictest quality assurance programs and accreditations, including AIHA and EMLAP, to ensure scientifically sound and legally defensible data. Reports are electronically generated in user-friendly language and format, to aid you in making sound assessments and decisions for your investigation. In addition, our professionals staff are always ready to answer your questions and address your concerns.